The new ASR1001-HX is the most powerful compact services router in the market today. It comes in a 1-rack-unit (1RU) form factor that delivers up to 60 Gbps total system bandwidth. With four 10-GE ports, eight 1-GE ports, and four configurable 10-GE and 1-GE ports, this router offers instant-on service capabilities and on-demand crypto capability up to 29 Gbps.
The ASR 1001-HX Router supports software redundancy without redundant hardware, just like Cisco ASR 1001-X, 1002-X, 1002-HX, and 1004 Routers. It is ideal for WAN aggregation or Internet edge devices, or managed services.
ASR 1001-HX features include:
- Up to 60 Gbps of total system bandwidth
- Field replaceable, optional, Crypto module capable of up to 29-Gb bandwidth
- Support for built-in front panel 4x10GE, 8x1GE, and 4 configurable 10-Gibabit-Ethernet (GE) and 1-GE ports
- Two AC or DC power supplies
- One field-replaceable fan tray for front-to-back airflow
The ASR 1001-HX is ideal for high-end enterprise branch offices and as a high-performance edge solution for a private WAN, including:
- WAN aggregation and secure WAN
- Internet edge
- Data center interconnect
- Cisco Intelligent WAN (IWAN)